Rules in campaigns define how to process the leads once they enter the campaign, depending on their weight and the status they get after the call.
Each rule consists of conditions and actions.
To view campaign rules:
- Click the Frequent button in the Actions column.
- Select Rules.
- On the new page, the rules are displayed in groups that contain similar rules, e.g., rules that relate to new leads. By default, all rule groups are collapsed.
- Click + Expand All to expand all groups.
- You can click + to expand a specific group.
Each rule consists of four parts: name, active/not active indicator, conditions, and actions:
Rule conditions activate the rule. If there is more than one condition, the AND/OR logic combines them.
Rule actions define what will happen if the conditions are true. There is a wide array of actions that can happen, from weight increase to status change.
Examples of Rules
Let us take the following examples of rules from the New Leads, Online Leads, and Regular Leads groups.
Online leads are the leads marked as online in the CRM (not supported by all CRMs). These are the leads with a weight of more than 10000.
The condition above consists of several elements:
- it is for online leads
- the time period is the last 12 hours
- more than 3 times during this time period, the lead gets busy, out of reach, does not answer, or responds with a voice mail.
If this condition is met, the system will:
- reset any callback or rule freeze, and the new action of the current rule will take place
- will stop calling this lead for 30 minutes
- will decrease its weight by 10.
These are the leads with a weight of more than 1200 and less than 10000. New leads are the leads from the last 2-3 days.
This rule is similar to the above one, except that it relates to new leads.
These are the leads with a weight of less than 1199.
This rule is similar to the above one, except that it relates to regular leads.
The system will take the following actions based on lead statuses:
Busy, No Answer, Voicemail - for online leads, the Dialer will call the lead 2-4 times. For new leads, the Dialer will call the lead 2-4 times in the first hour and then one call every 90 minutes. For regular leads, the Dialer will call the lead every 2 hours.
Not Interested - if applied for the first time, the system will freeze the lead for 30 days; for the second time and up - for 90 days.
Invalid Phone, Language Barrier, Underage, Wrong Person - the Dialer stops to call such leads.
Deposit, Do Not Call - the Dialer stops calling the leads and adds the phone number to the blacklist.
Below please find explanations for some statuses.
System - Answer Dropped - a lead has answered, but there is no free agent to receive the call.
System - Invalid Phone - the system received the wrong number.
System - Failed to Connect - the system could not connect the lead’s phone (the lead is out of reach).
Busy - the lead is in an ongoing call and is unable to receive the call.
Voice Mail - a message from the lead’s voicemail is detected.
No Answer - the lead does not answer the call for 20-30 sec.
Personal Meeting - an agent assigned the lead to be called by him/her at a specific time agreed mutually.
General Meeting - a call-back time was set to this lead by any available agent at that time.
Deposit - the lead agrees to make a deposit and will not be called in the future (adjustable).
Campaign Rules Simulator
You can simulate changes in the existing campaign rules and check results.
To simulate campaign rule changes:
- Click Rare -> Campaign Rules Simulator.
- Enter Campaign Lead Id from the current campaign and define which change you wish to simulate, for example, for weight, status, and other available changes:
- Click Simulate.
- In the new window, the system will show which rules will be affected and which updates will follow.