SIP Account Authentication
By default, password-based authentication is enabled. You may want to switch to the IP-based one when you set up a trunk to a CommPeak server.
To switch between authentication types:
- Click Setup in the left pane.
- Go to the SIP Accounts tab of your setup page.
- Click Edit.
- On the Edit SIP Account page, scroll down to the Authentication section.
- Toggle the switch:
- to the right to enable the IP authentication
- to the left for password authentication.
- Enter the following information:
IP authentication: enter one or more IP addresses allowed to access this SIP account
To enter an IP address, type in the field and then click on the plus icon:
password authentication: enter username, minimum eight characters long.
Optionally, you can add extra authentication with an IP ACL (access control list) - specify one or more IPs from which you can access the SIP account with these credentials.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
If you switched to password authentication, reset the password to create a permanent password.