Configuring SIP Accounts
Your first SIP account appears in your My CommPeak portal automatically after signup, and you can add more later. In the following sections, we explain how to modify SIP account settings according to your needs.
You need to reset the password for a SIP account:
To reset SIP account password:
- Select Setup in the left pane.
- Go to the SIP Accounts tab of the setup page.
- Find the necessary account and click RESET PASSWORD:
- After you click PROCEED, the system will send you an email with a reset link.
- Click on the link, enter a new password, confirm it, and click SAVE NEW PASSWORD.
The system will generate a username for your first SIP account. You can change it later and do the same for any other SIP account.
To modify the SIP account username:
- Click Setup in the left pane.
- Go to the SIP Accounts tab of your setup page.
- Click Edit.
- On the Edit SIP Account page that opens, scroll down to the AUTHENTICATION section. Leave the toggle on Password authentication and enter your new username (eight characters or longer).
Optionally, you can add extra authentication with an IP ACL (access control list) - specify one or more IPs from which you can access the SIP account with these credentials.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
Changing Authentication Settings
You can switch from the default password to IP-based authentication. Refer to a separate article about SIP Account Authentication.
Increasing Channel Limit
You get one channel for outbound calls after signup:
It is the limit for your entire account. The limit increases after your trial ends and you become a paying customer. If you need more channels, open a support ticket.
Setting Caller ID
You can set a phone number to display to the terminating party for calls outgoing from this SIP account.
For your first SIP account, the system will use the phone number you entered on registration. You can set a different number, name, or a dynamic Caller ID.
Refer to this article about Caller ID setup.